Tuna with sesame and soy and ginger dressing
Tuna in a crust of sesame
- Baking pan
- Food processor
- 4 Pieces Tuna
- 1 Onion
- 8 cm fresh Ginger
- 1/2 bunch Coriander
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 tablespoon Sushi vinegar
- 1 dl Oliveoil
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 50 gr. Sesame Seeds If possible a mix between white and black sesame seeds
- Peel the onion and cut it into rings.
- Peel the ginger and chop it in half.
- Remove the stems from the coriander.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put the onion, ginger, coriander and garlic in the food processor and add the sushi vinegar, the soy sauce and the olive oil and sesame oil and mix.
- Turn off the food processor when the ingredients are mixed into a dressing.
- Place the tuna slices in a large container and pour some of the dressing over them.
- Turn the tuna over and again pour some of the dressing over the tuna.
- Make sure to leave some dressing, so that the lettuce can be made with it.
- Cover the dish with foil and put it in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours, so that the dressing can absorb well into the fish.
- Remove the tuna from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before it is fried.
- Mix black and white sesame on a flat plate.
- Pass the tuna through the sesame seeds, so that both sides are generously covered with sesame.
- Put a pan on high heat and fry the tuna very short on both sides. The tuna must remain raw in the middle, only the outside must be seared.
To serve and wine advice
- Slice the tuna and serve with a green salad with the rest of the dressing.
- Serve with a Grauburgunder or a Pinot Gris.